When to Use a Power Trowel
A power trowel, sometimes called a power float, finisher or concrete helicopter, creates a smooth surface on a concrete slab. It has spinning blades that work to smooth wet concrete into an even surface. Power trowels can be either ride-on or walk-behind, often depending on your project’s size.
You will most often need to use a power trowel when your concrete slab is too big for a hand trowel.
We have Multiquip ride-on and walk-behind trowels in stock in our showroom. Our full inventory also has several models from other brands like Bartell Morrison and Wacker Neuson. Our stock includes:
- Multiquip STXD6I: This power trowel has a 10-foot span and two six-blade rotors. The equipment has a 55-horsepower Yanmar turbo engine.
- Multiquip HTXD6I: The HTXD6I is 8 feet and offers top-of-the-line technology and easy operation.
- Multiquip JWN24HTCSL: This equipment has non-overlapping twin 36-inch rotors.
- Multiquip HHNG5: The ride-on power trowel has a 35-horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine and several high-performance features.
- Multiquip B46H90: The B46H90 is a four-blade, 46-inch piece of equipment. It is easy to maintain and has several features that improve performance.
- Multiquip J36H55: This is a four-blade, 36-inch machine. It is a reliable mid-size power trowel ideal for smooth finishing.
- Multiquip CA4HM: We offer this four-blade, 24-inch power trowel with a manual clutch. It works best for finishing risers and edges.
- Wacker Neuson CRT 60: The CRT 60 ride-on power trowel has a hydraulic drive and an electro-hydraulic steering system. This model offers two steering modes.
- Wacker Neuson CRT 48-PS: This equipment increases productivity because it has a large surface capacity and is easy to maneuver. It has two joysticks to improve accuracy and reduce fatigue.
- Wacker Neuson CRT 36: This 36-inch ride-on trowel has ergonomic controls and a variable clutch.
- Bartell Morrison B446: We carry the B446 walk-behind power trowel. It is easy to clean and offers balance compensation.
- Bartell Morrison B436: The B436 is similar to the B446 and offers most of the same features.
Benefits of Power Trowels
Power trowels offer numerous benefits for your concrete jobs. Some of these advantages include:
- Increased efficiency: Power trowels make it easier and faster to polish concrete. You can go from working on week-long projects to completing them in a couple of days.
- Reduced labor and costs: Since this equipment works so well, you will see less labor and tooling costs per square foot than traditional planetary grinding.
- Cost-effective: Investing in power trowels requires minimal costs and often helps you see a larger return on investment down the line.
- Added finish: Power trowels, especially when paired with other tools, can provide a shine to concrete floors.
Contact DY Concrete Pumps for Power Trowels Today
At DY Concrete Pumps, we have over 30 years of experience finding the right products for concrete jobs. Our customer service team is ready to assist you in finding suitable power trowels for your application. We also offer 24/7 technical support and have three strategic locations throughout North America.
Please contact us online today if you’re ready to buy a power trowel!