The Freightliner M2 started out as a lightweight, less expensive option for our small boom pumps. With superior visibility, comfort and style it was quickly discovered that this was a truck operators enjoy driving. These M2’s do a great job under a 32 meter or a 37 meter concrete pump. With the Cummins 9 liter engine with 345 HP and 1,150 lbs.ft. of torque and mate it to an Allison automatic for the bigger units. They ride beautifully and are quiet inside as you drive down the road; it’s a comfort level you might find in a newer pick-up.
Freightliner M2 Features
No two job sites are the same, but the entire concrete pumping industry is tough on trucks and equipment. If you’re operating in the industry, you need a specialized and versatile truck that will provide comfort and efficiency. The Freightliner M2 checks all those boxes and more. Choose a truck or a tractor, and you’ll get an all-around performer that can handle a variety of bodies and chassis-mounted equipment.
When you choose a Freightliner M2, you’ll receive easy maneuverability thanks to a tight turning radius. Your drivers can operate in the tightest situations, whether they’re placing concrete in a big city with narrow streets or a large open space for a stadium. Drivers can also stay comfortable in the spacious and modern cab.
Do you have particular specs in mind? You can customize your own Freightliner concrete pump truck so that it’s engineered to reduce costs and time. Freightliner also offers clear frame rails and different exhaust packages to suit your needs for the job at hand. Once you receive your Freightliner M2, you can take it to work right away.
What started as a lightweight, inexpensive truck meant for mounted line pumps has turned into a truck giving you superior visibility, comfort and style. Many operators have fallen in love with the Freightliner M2 and its comfort level, quiet cab and smooth ride. It’s a great option to add to your concrete pumps for greater efficiency during any application.
- Engine – 345 HP to 350 HP
- Transmission – Eaton Fuller 10 speed (8LL) or Allison RDS 3000 Automatic
- Front Axle – 18,000 to 20,000 lbs.
- Rear Axles – 40,000 to 46,000 lbs.
- Fuel Tank – 50 to 100 Gallons
- Differential – Locking Differentials
- Options – Power Windows Power Door Locks Captain’s Chairs
Benefits of Using a Freightliner Concrete Pumping Truck
Adding a Freightliner M2 to your fleet will help you improve uptime and create happier clients and operators. Comfortable cabs ensure that drivers can operate at peak performance all day, and the M2 106 features a tilted hood, giving you easy access to the engine. You can quickly and easily inspect the truck and ensure that routine maintenance is hassle-free.
Other notable benefits of using a Freightliner concrete pump truck follow:
- SmartPlex® electrical system: The optional plug and play system has pre-engineered interfaces for engine wiring and lighting without any need for splicing.
- Active and passive safety systems: The Freightliner M2 106 has multiple systems meant to help drivers avoid or mitigate risk. Active systems such as the WABCO OnGuard and OnLane help drivers avoid collisions and stay in the lane.
- 2,500-square-foot windshield: This truck’s impressive windshield gives drivers better visibility, so they can see both people and other vehicles on the job site.
- High-quality materials: You can trust your Freightliner M2’s durability because it features corrosion-resistant aluminum reinforced with e-coated steel.
- Trusted manufacturing: Freightliner uses the latest technology, including robotics and automated systems, to create precise and reliable trucks.
- Access to customer support: When you purchase a Freightliner M2, you’ll get access to a 24-hour assistance hotline for additional support on the job site.
Work With DY Concrete Pumps to Outfit Your Freightliner
Once you have your truck, you need concrete pumps from DY Concrete Pumps to add to it. Our various options, such as the 360-degree continuous swing boom and z-type booms, will help you place concrete while lowering cost and maximizing efficiency. Contact us today to get a quote on a concrete pump or browse our entire selection to find an option that meets your needs.